Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the wedding banquet, are you attending?

123RF
The season of Lent has already started last week, I'm on the Youversion (Android) 40 days of Lent reading plan. Today I was reading Matthew 22. This is the second time the Lord brought me to this passage since last week. Matthew 22 is about the wedding banquet. Matt 22:1-3, Jesus said."...The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to come but they refused to come."

It really convicted me about where I put my time and resources. Luke 12:34 says,"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few...where am I when the Lord needs me? Am I investing my time and money in the Lord's kingdom or on things on this earth that really doesn't matter to God? How many people out there are still living in darkness? Are we inviting them to the house of the Lord? Or are we also like one of the invited guests who are just too busy to care about the kingdom of God. Busy with our family, busy with kids, busy with building our houses, busy with career or work?

Matt 22:1-14 says " Many are invited, but few are chosen." Even the man who came to the wedding banquet but was not clothed in wedding clothes were thrown outside "where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (v13). All our righteous acts are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), the only way to be saved is through the Lord's righteousness.

It really spoke to me about not taking our salvation for granted. Many are believers of Christ but few are followers of God. Do not allow the things of this world to consume me but to follow after the things of God.

The Lord has prepared a big celebration at the wedding banquet, all are invited, are you going?

John 12:25-26," Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.  Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."