Thursday, February 16, 2012

faith: Gideon

123rf

Have you ever been overwhelmed by impossible or difficult tasks?

The Lord brought me to Judges 7 about Gideon and the Midianites. The Lord tested Gideon's faith by asking him to send his soldiers away. From 32 000 men, the Lord asked Gideon to reduce to just 300 men. With mere 300 men, Gideon fought the Midianites, one group numbering at 135 000men and there were altogether three groups of them. The only weapons Gideon and the men had were a trumpet and a lamp in a pitcher. Isn't it amazing how they defeated their enemies with so little resources?

It was such an overwhelming task for Gideon and his men but they trusted the Lord and obeyed him. And they won the battle. Is there something that the Lord has impressed upon your heart to accomplish but it seems impossible to you? Trust in the Lord to do what seems impossible to man but possible for God.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


When we see the Lord's power at work in these difficult situations, our faith will rise and others will also see the Glory of God.