Monday, March 19, 2012

alabaster jar


Desert Design

Matthew 26

As I continue with my Lent devotions, I was inspired by the story of the woman with an alabaster jar of expensive perfume. She poured expensive perfume at Jesus's feet. Such a beautiful act of love for Him. She probably gave all that she had to buy this perfume for Jesus. And only to pour everything at his feet. 

It just dawned on me that we should give our best for God. I am guilty of spending more time on my leisure activities and work than on God. 

Worship and devotion to God involves sacrifice of our time, money and all that we have. 

The alabaster jar of perfume inspires me. A simple woman on the outside ...with a heart of gold on the inside. God looks at the heart not our achievement or success. Let's be women and men after God's own heart. Let's focus on the things of God and devote ourselves to his service!

2 Chronicles 16:9

"For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.”


This alabaster jar is all I have of worth
I break it at Your feet, Lord, it's less than You deserve
You're far more beautiful, more precious than the oil
The sum of my desires and the fullness of my joy
Like You spilled Your blood, I spill my heart
As an offering to my King

Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Take me

This time that I have left is all I have of worth
I lay it at Your feet, Lord, it's less than You deserve
And though I've little strength, and though my days are few
You gave Your life for me so I will live my life for You

Like You spilled Your blood, I spill my heart
As an offering to my King

Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory, take me

Worthy, worthy, You are worthy, worthy is the Lord
Worthy, worthy, You are worthy, worthy is the Lord

Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Take me


Alabaster Jar by Gateway Worship